JFFA is closely monitoring the development of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. This page serves as a central source of information on the status of our concerts and programs.
This is a living document. JFFA will continue to update it based on the latest available COVID-19 prevention data and local government recommendations.
This year, JFFA has been forced to rethink how we present art, music, and dance to our community in the safest way possible. The 2021 Juan de Fuca Festival is planned as a hybrid event to take place May 28-31 (Memorial Day Weekend). The majority of our programming will be offered through an online virtual platform, with limited in-person outdoor events to be held at the Vern Burton Community Center in Port Angeles, WA on May 28, 29, & 30. This model will allow JFFA to provide safe public access to performing arts programming in the midst of continuing COVID-19 challenges and restrictions.
Latest Prevention Measures
We are prepared to use the most effective prevention measures available when the 2021 Juan de Fuca Festival rolls around. These include the mandatory use of masks (indoor only), health screening upon entry, social/physical distancing measures, limited attendance, and frequent sanitizing of common spaces (restrooms, counters, street fair tables). Our approach and detailed event plan ensures safety and requires compliance by our staff, volunteers, contractors, attendees, artists, and vendors.
Furthermore, JFFA and the 2021 Juan de Fuca Festival is subject to Washington’s comprehensive COVID-19 response plan. Information is available on https://coronavirus.wa.gov.
A Reimagined Celebration & Environment
Our core mission is to develop and promote the arts for the cultural, economic, and educational benefit of Washington’s North Olympic Peninsula. In response to the ongoing pandemic, we have reimagined the 2021 Juan de Fuca Festival experience from the ground up.
Take advantage of:
- Our virtual attendee options (including both live-streaming and pre-recorded content)
- A socially distanced street fair with Washington based artisan & food vendors (The JFFA “Virtual Marketplace” is also available online!)
- Online workshops – something for everyone!
- Limited in-person concerts designed to be both inspiring and safe to attend.
Flexibility for Everyone
In case of the 2021 festival cancelation, all “Live / In-Person” event pass holders will be able to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Convert to our 2021 virtual ticket option.
- Apply tickets to 2022 without a fee.
- Request a full refund.
Safety protocols include:
- Masks are only required at the street fair if you are not fully vaccinated and cannot keep 6 ft. of social distance.
- Attendees will be required to wear masks indoors when not drinking or eating.
- In-person attendees will be required to remain within their assigned seat when not seeking restrooms or vendor resources.
- All attendees will be directed to stand six feet apart when waiting in lines on festival grounds.
- All attendees will be encouraged to stay within the parties they arrived with.
- Attendees will be asked to arrive early for potential health screenings.
- If the attendee is not feeling well, JFFA asks that attendees stay home. Festival will refund tickets at request for individuals that test positive up to 24 hours before the event.
- When tickets are purchased, event attendees will be notified of the adherent risks of COVID-19 and required to acknowledge a waiver of liability.
- A festival floor plan will be created to spread attendees, vendors and experiences out over as much space as possible.
- Festival vendors will be spaced 10 feet apart.
- JFFA will provide hand sanitizing stations throughout the festival site plan.
- JFFA staff will ensure that high festival touchpoints are sanitized regularly.
- JFFA will utilize best efforts to hire or engage Washington State based contractors. This will help limit the spread to neighboring states in the case of an outbreak.
- JFFA staff will direct and encourage attendees to adhere to guidelines.
All attendees will be notified of the safety policies at the point of ticket purchase, and all presale purchasers will be required to give contact information for additional ticket holders to support contract tracing if necessary.