JFFA’s annual Memorial Day Weekend Festival along with its Season Concerts are fun and enriching for families and people of all ages. In addition, JFFA provides special programs that foster an appreciation of the arts in the hearts and minds of the young people of the North Olympic Peninsula.
Summer Discovery Arts Camp
Located at Jefferson Elementary School, JFFA offers a week-long summer day camp for ages 8 to 12 with a focus on theater, creative movement, visual arts, and music.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
Youth Day at the Juan de Fuca Festival
Each year, the entire Port Angeles student body visits the Port Angeles High School Performing Arts Center for our annual youth program during the Festival’s opening day. Featuring some of the top artists from our Festival, this amazing event is one of the highlights of the year for our young people. Three show offerings allow us to accommodate over 3,000 students.
Stay tuned for 2020’s featured performers!
In past years we have featured:
- 2019 – Las Cafeteras (Chicano band from East Los Angeles) and A Little Bit Off (Physical Theater)
- 2018 – Royal Jelly Jive (Jazzy Funk) and Christen Swenson (Creative Movement)
- 2017 – Global Heat (Funk/Hiphop) and Cirque Love (one man juggler/cabaret)
- 2016 – Los Pinguos, from Argentina and physical comedian, Henrik Bothe.
- 2015 – The Everyone Orchestra, a rock orchestra with conductor and audience participation and A Little Bit Off, a clown duo.
- 2014 – The Paperboys: Celtic Rock band from Vancouver BC and Zili Misik, the multi-cultural and all-female band from Boston, Massachusetts.
- 2013 – Sierra Leone’s Refugee All Stars brought their stories as surviving refugees and their music of hope. Physical Comedian Henrik Bothe also performed.
- 2012 – Baka Beyond brought the culture & music of the Cameroon pygmy tribe. The multi-cultural and the all-female Zili Misik also played.
- 2011 – Rhys Thomas – Jugglemania, physics through circus acts, and Kazum, an acrobalance circus troupe.
The Everyone Orchestra
The Juan de Fuca Festival schedules workshops and master classes with touring professional artists when the opportunity arises. Previous programs have included educational opportunities with: Eugene Ballet Company, Ballet Victoria, the African group H’sao, Taiko, On Ensemble, Everything Fitz, Northwest Ballet Theater, LED Dance Company, Repertory Dance Theater, Six Appeal Acapella and others. Children’s programs are also scheduled during our annual four day Juan de Fuca Festival.